NOT pet friendly - Shop On In

NOT Considered Pet Friendly, Why?

African Milk Tree Medium

African Milk Tree (Euphorbia trigona) is a species of succulent plant native to Africa. It is not typically considered a pet-friendly plant due to its sap, which is toxic to both humans and animals. The sap is a white, milky substance that can cause skin irritation and eye irritation if it comes into contact with the skin or eyes. Ingestion of the sap can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

The African Milk Tree is a popular houseplant due to its easy care requirements and its attractive, glossy green foliage. It prefers bright indirect light and needs to be watered only when the soil is dry. It is not recommended to be kept around pets due to its toxic sap.

African Milk Tree Medium

African Milk Tree Small

The African Milk Tree (Euphorbia trigona) is a species of succulent plant native to Africa. It is not typically considered a pet-friendly plant due to its sap, which is toxic to both humans and animals. The sap is a white, milky substance that can cause skin irritation and eye irritation if it comes into contact with the skin or eyes. Ingestion of the sap can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

The African Milk Tree is a popular houseplant due to its easy care requirements and its attractive, glossy green foliage. It prefers bright indirect light and needs to be watered only when the soil is dry. It is not recommended to be kept around pets due to its toxic sap.

African Milk Tree Small

In conclusion, African Milk Trees are not considered pet-friendly due to their toxic sap. The sap can cause skin irritation, eye irritation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea if it comes into contact with the skin or is ingested. It is recommended to keep these plants away from pets to avoid any potential issues.

Back to blog